Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Welcome to Philadelphia!

Welcome to the city of Brotherly Love! Anyone know why it's called that?? Well...I'll give you some options:


A) Two brothers founded the city and were best of friends
B) This is where men in colonial America became brothers during the Revolution
C) That's what Philadelphia means in Greek


Give up?? Well...the correct answer is C!!  Philadelphia comes from the Greek words philos (meaning loving) and adelphos (meaning brother).  So there you have it!


I arrived here late last night and today I spent a great first day in Philly.  I was snapping pictures all day long, taking short videos to share on the blog, etc. and tonight I went to upload them all and guess what...I forgot the cord to upload them onto the computer! WHOOPS! I guess that's better than forgetting my toothbrush or glasses...but still...it doesn't bode well for you the viewer.  SO... I promise to take lots of pictures and video on both my camera AND cell phone so that I can upload a few pics each night.  When I get home, I'm planning on also blogging over specific things that I learned here and making things a little more interactive.  Deal? Okay great! Thanks for being so understanding!!


I've learned so much already on just my first day, that I'm worried I won't be able to remember it all! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment